About our program
Cultural Care Au Pair’s childcare and cultural exchange program offers families affordable childcare customized to their needs with a unique international perspective. Your au pair lives with you as a member of your family while providing up to 45 hours of childcare each week. Our dedicated Cultural Care offices in over 20 countries take care of screening and training each au pair — helping her obtain her visa, providing her insurance, and transporting her to your family’s home. You simply need to start the matching process to find the au pair best suited for your family.
What is it like to host an au pair?
Because Cultural Care Au Pair is as much a cultural exchange program as it is a childcare program, we refer to each Cultural Care family as a host family. As a host family, you will welcome an au pair into your home as an extended family member and include her in activities and meals. In exchange your family benefits from a caring and dedicated caregiver who can offer your family so much more than other forms of childcare
You and your children benefit
Host parents choose au pair childcare because it’s affordable and flexible — and because their children benefit from live-in, one-to-one care.
Once your au pair arrives, you can look forward to:
- Up to 45 hours/week and 10 hours/day of childcare coverage for up to 2 years
- The flexibility to customize those hours to a schedule you decide
- An average weekly cost of just $360 (per family, not per child)
- Help with household duties related to your children (including laundry, room cleaning and meal preparation)
- The convenience and peace of mind that comes with live-in help
Your children benefit too! They will enjoy:
- One-on-one supervision from an energetic, loving caregiver
- The comfort of being looked after in their own home by someone who knows the rules and routine
- An opportunity to learn a second language and exposure to another country’s games, songs and cuisine
Does au pair childcare sound like a good fit for your family? If so, we encourage you to learn even more about the benefits of hosting a Cultural Care au pair.