While Cultural Care Au Pair offers you the security of a large organization, we also provide the personalized customer service that is so important. From the time you apply, through the matching process and during your au pair year, our staff is just a phone call away.
Local childcare consultant (LCC)
Your primary contact during your program year is your local childcare consultant (LCC). She or he is a Cultural Care representative who lives in your community and provides on-the-ground support to area families and au pairs. Not only is she or he there to support you, but your LCC also serves as a mentor to your au pair throughout the year. Unlike other agencies, Cultural Care’s extensive network of local childcare consultants enables us to create a robust community of au pairs making transition to life in the U.S. even easier for your au pair.
Your LCC will:
- Interview your family in your home during your registration process; your LCC will review the program regulations, ensure any questions you have are answered make sure your expectations are realistic, share tips for making your experience a success and approve the au pair’s bedroom (required by the U.S. Department of State)
- Conduct an initial orientation with your au pair and family; within two weeks of your au pair’s arrvial, your LCC will arrange an orientation meeting with both you and your au pair during which time practical information will be discussed, including any initial adjustment issues and guidance on how to fulfill the educational component
- Maintain monthly contact with your family to ensure things are going smoothly
- Hold monthly meetings for your au pair including seasonal safety units
- Provide advice on local educational opportunities
- Invite you to two host family events per year
- Give support and advice as needed
- Conduct a mediation in the case of a dispute
- Act as a liaison between you, your au pair, your placement manager and program director
While your LCC is almost always your first point of contact, there will be times when you will rely on the support of our office staff. Your in-office team of support consists of your placement manager, our Account Services team and your program director.
Your placement manager is primarily responsible for helping you match with your au pair, and she review your family’s specific needs and support you throughout the matching process. Your placement manager’s level of involvement will depend on you. If you prefer that she look for candidates on your behalf, she will search for candidates using your criteria and alert you once a new match has been placed in your account. However, if you decide to look for candidates on your own, she will be responsible for providing additional support and guidance as needed. Either way, our placement managers are experienced and eager to help in any way they can.
Account Services team
Our Account Services team will be an invaluable help to you during your time as a Cultural Care host family. They can answer all general questions related to the program — big or small! They can also help you with questions related to your personal account including your registration, au pair match, finances, and more.
Your program director will oversee your matching progress and be in continuous contact with your LCC to ensure your year is a successful one. If your LCC is not available to discuss a matter unique to your family, your program director is available to step in and assist you.