Costs associated with hosting a Cultural Care au pair include our agency fees and the weekly stipend paid directly to your au pair. Click below to review the details of the fees paid to Cultural Care and the au pair.
Paid to Cultural Care Au Pair
Payment of the registration fee will allow you to register online, begin our personalized matching process and access our online database of available au pair profiles. Due at the time of registration.
Payment of the processing fee will secure your au pair match, allow us to process visa paperwork and reserve flights. Due upon final selection of your au pair.
Our program fee includes:
- Recruitment and screening of your au pair
- Your au pair’s training at the Cultural Care Au Pair Training School
- The matching services of a dedicated placement manager
- Host family and au pair orientations
- Round-trip international airfare for your au pair
- Travel medical insurance
- Year-long support from Cultural Care Au Pair office staff and your local childcare consultant
Families can choose to pay the program fee using our regular payment plan or our extended payment plan. Repeat families, please visit our Discounts page to learn how to save on your program fees with Repeat Family Rewards.
Paid to your au pair
The weekly stipend is paid by you directly to your au pair for 51 weeks, including two weeks of paid vacation. Please note: the weekly stipend is determined by the U.S. Department of Labor using a formula based on the federal minimum wage. Any change in the federal minimum wage will result in an increase in the stipend.
Paid to: varies
Depending on your family’s individual needs and the area in which you live, you should take the following variable costs into consideration:
- Domestic transportation fee: varies. Click here for a full list of departure fees.
- Educational Component: up to $500. U.S. Department of State regulations require au pairs to take 6 credits at an accredited institution during this year. As a host family, you are required to pay up to $500 towards the cost of these classes.
- Driver’s insurance: varies. If you require your au pair to drive, you must pay to have her insured under your family’s existing policy.
- Room and board: varies. As families expected to provide their au pair with a separate bedroom and include her in family meals, additional costs are incurred.
1 The weekly cost is calculated based on 51 program weeks (an au pair’s first week in the U.S. is spent at the Cultural Care Au Pair Training School).
2 The hourly cost is calculated based on 45 hours per week, the maximum number of childcare hours an au pair can provide according to the U.S. Department of State regulations.
One of the biggest misconceptions about the au pair program is that it is expensive. Many families are surprised to learn that not only is au pair childcare one of the most flexible forms of childcare available, but also the most affordable. Take a look at how the average weekly cost of Cultural Care Au Pair compares to other forms of childcare, including other au pair agencies who often charge extra for additional qualifications.